Job Title: District Program Coordinator
Wage: $40,000 to 45,000 per year, plus benefits
Location: 5107 E. 4th Plain Blvd Suite 111 Vancouver, WA
Closing Date/Time: First round interviews to begin July 15th
Application Requirements: Please submit the following items to the Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A resume providing information on past experience relevant to this position
- A cover letter describing how your experience and interests make you a good fit for this position
Organization Profile: Fourth Plain Forward is a place-based nonprofit organization dedicated to improving Vancouver’s International District for residents, businesses, and visitors. Fourth Plain Forward supports the success of area residents, promotes the unique identity of the International District, and works to improve the physical environment of the district. This includes:
- Connecting businesses with resources and technical assistance
- Maintaining and growing the International District brand
- Promoting the District through marketing, events and activities
- Advocating for safety and transportation improvements
Position Description: The District Program Coordinator will support Fourth Plain Forward’s Board in carrying out the organization’s mission. This will include conducting targeted outreach to businesses with tailored resources; leading the implementation of a new storefront improvement program; preparing for and attending meetings and other events; working with a diverse group of stakeholders and community partners in coalition work; assisting in the development of communication and outreach materials; maintaining and updating business district databases and social media accounts; and other tasks to support program objectives.
We are seeking a full-time program coordinator. This position could last up to two years, with the possibility of the position becoming permanent.
Minimum Qualifications: The desired candidate will be a highly outgoing, engaging and energetic community organizer with broad people skills and an ability to help people find common cause and effectively advocate for change.
- Ability to engage with and build trust in ethnically and economically diverse communities
- Strong time management skills and ability to work independently, and balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in design software and communications platforms
- Conversational Spanish or Russian
- Program coordination, implementation and reporting to funders
- Assisting with planning and executing workshops, networking events, festivals
- Identifying and pursuing grant funding opportunities
- Assisting with maintenance and updates to business district databases and metrics
- Creating and updating marketing materials
- Close coordination with partner organizations and Board members