Join our team! Serve the community and make a difference. Job opportunities at Fourth Plain Forward are listed below.
Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator
Position Title: Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator
Employment Status: Full-Time, (40 hours per week), plus benefits
Reports To: Interim Executive Director
Compensation: $35,000-$40,000 annually
Job Location: 5107 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Ste. 111 Vancouver, WA 98661
- Please submit the following items to the Hiring Committee at email@example.com
- A resume providing information on past experience relevant to this position
- A cover letter describing how your experience and interests make you a good fit for this position
Fourth Plain Forward (FPF) is hiring a bilingual (Spanish/English)/bicultural Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator. The Coordinator fosters relationships with the Fourth Plain Community by engaging virtually and in person. An ideal candidate believes in our mission, shares resources, and creates connections. The Coordinator helps ensure resident and business interests are at the center of our work.
The Coordinator will help residents navigate COVID-19 related resources and services, support project planning and implementation related to our COVID-19 response and recovery efforts, coordinate organizational communications, and engage in group and one-on-one meetings with residents. This is a one-year position with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Community Engagement and Outreach (75%)
- Assist with community needs assessments to understand the impacts of COVID-19 on residents
- Lead community outreach and engagement efforts around COVID-19 impacts and recovery
- Identify resources that support residents in recovering from the identified impacts of COVID-19
- Share information in virtual and in-person spaces in a culturally and linguistically responsive manner
- Assist residents with navigating resources and opportunities
- May create, manage and implement programs if existing resources do not meet resident needs
- Other related duties as assigned
- For our social media and e-newsletters, research and write stories that celebrate the Fourth Plain Community and FPF’s mission, vision, and successes
- Strategically use the website and social media to increase engagement with the organization, grow our base of supporters and participants, and invite interest and participation
- Manage FPF’s social media accounts including creating a content calendar, generating the content, and responding to comments
- Manage FPF’s email newsletters including creating a content calendar and researching and writing articles
- Update and maintain FPF’s website
- Respond to general emails and social media inquiries
- Support the organization’s events with related messaging, materials, and promotion
- Design social media graphics, presentations, and other informational resources using graphic design
- Support the translation of documents into multiple languages
- Experience working with diverse communities and delivering bilingual-bicultural messaging
- Experience working with communities that experience barriers to accessing resources and opportunities and a belief that communities must have agency in determining what they need and the solutions that work for them.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a group setting
- Experience with managing social media
- Experience with managing and updating websites
- Effective interpersonal skills
Experience and Skill Sets:
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)/ Bicultural individual highly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency with graphic design platforms
- Experience in marketing, communications, public relations, and/or journalism
- Knowledge in the use of social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with WordPress is preferred
- Work is performed virtually and in-person
- A laptop and other office equipment will be provided
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and are an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.